It arrived yesterday. Now, I'm no reader. In fact, I despise reading. Somehow I made it through 40+ pages last night and actually retained the information. Excellent.
80/10/10 so far has been very informative. I have learned quiet a bit of information about the sugars in fruits - and how common it is to make the mistake of eating a high-fat raw diet thinking it is equally as healthy and nourishing. I do eat larger quantities of nuts, oils, fatty fruits than what is appropriate. I didn't realize a lot of foods in nature had such a high percentage of fat calories.
I'm not going to monitor or adjust my intake of foods (I refuse to call it a diet - might fuck up my head) until I finish reading the book. I will continue to eat raw, just to maintain the habit, apply things I learn along the way, but not do anything radical until I have the big picture. I want to be healthy, but I want to achieve it correctly.
Today I enjoyed half a cantalope with a glass of organic apple juice for breakfast, grapefruit an hour later, and just finished a handful of dehydrated mango. Now that's one thing I was wondering about - dehydrated food is not whole and natural - but shouldn't it be acceptable as a snack, just not a source of nutrition? Hopefully I'll read that part soon :)
So much to learn, so much to think about, and so much yummy food . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment